There are lots of people who face the problem and ask on forums and other palaces about my iPhone won’t restore. this is one of the biggest problems with iPhone users where they want to get real pics and troubleshoot of this problem. if you are trying to restore your iPhone and you would not able most of the people try by plugging their iPhone into iTunes and start the restore process.
but most of them get the error “this phone cannot be restored” and after that, they do not know what to do and how to get rid out of this problem. in this article, we will say why your iPhone would not restart and how you can fix this problem using iTunes and after that you will be able to restore your iPhone.
Most of the iPhone users when they do not get any solution of this problem they think that this is a serious issue but you do not need to be paining because this is one of the common issues with iPhone and we have seen a lot of queries on our forum about my iPhone won’t restore.
if you are also an iPhone user and want to restore your iPhone then you should know that restoring and iPhone erases everything on it and after that, you will be able to fix for iPhone software problem especially serious issues like my iPhone won’t restore.
Common Situations When iPhone Won’t Restore
- after any iOS or iTunes update this problem happens that iPhone won’t restore.
- there can be an iTunes error while restoring your iPhone.
- there can be any other unknown error which user do not know while registering.
- if your iPhone going through the jailbreak process then it would not restore.
- when you attempt iPhone restoring using iCloud the restore was interrupted.
these are the basic and common situation when iPhone won’t restore so you do not need to be panic read and learn every step which we are going to say here and it will help you to restore your iPhone easily.
6 Steps to Fix iPhone Won’t Restore Error – Explained
1. Update iTunes on Your Computer
for the permanent solution of this error, you need to update iTunes software using your computer. make sure that the version of iTunes on your Mac or PC is up to date, you can easily check the iTunes version on your Mac computer using these steps.
- first, open iTunes on Your Mac computer.
- now look at the left-hand side of Apple toolbar on your screen and you will see iTunes button there click on it.
- now click on check for updates from the drop-down menu and you will see if there update available for iTune on your PC.
by following these steps you can know that if there any update available for your iTunes or there is no problem if your iTune is already up to date now you need to follow this given steps.
2. Reboot Your Computer
if your iTunes already updated with the latest version then you need to reboot your computer. for the reboot your Mac, Click on the Apple button from the upper side of left-hand corner on your screen and click on restart button from the drop-down menu buy this way you can reboot your Mac computer easily.
3. Hard Reset Your iPhone When it Plugged into the Computer
if you have done both of the given steps and you want to proceed for the permanent solution of my iPhone wont restore error then you can try hard resetting your iPhone. this is one of the necessary step when your iPhone won’t restore. but when you doing the hard reset of your iPhone make sure that your iPhone is plugged into your computer and after that, you can go with hard reset process of your iPhone.
4. Change Your USB cable
most of the time while iPhone user trying to restore their iPhone they do not aware of the quality and performance of USB cable. if your iPhone won’t restore then you need to connect your phone to your computer using at the front USB or lightning cable, because iPhone refusing to restore can be a result of broken or low-quality USB cable.
and also if you are using any third party USB cable that can also a reason of this error so you need to get a good quality original Apple-certified USB cable which will help you to error-free restore of your iPhone.
5. Change the USB port on Your Computer
sometimes specific port of your computer does not support the USB cable or it can be a fault of USB cable quality or USB port so if you have done all the given steps on the top you need to try by changing the USB port of your computer. at damaged USB port can be the reason of iPhone won’t restore error so you need to try using a different USB port to restore your iPhone before you move on to the next step.
6. Put iPhone on Recovery Mode and Then Restore it
after completing all these given steps you need to follow these given steps.
- first, close iTunes if it is open and then connect your iOS device with your Mac computer.
- now open iTune on your computer.
- now press together sleep or wake up button with volume down on your iPhone device and hold them.
- now you will see recovery option on your iPhone device.
- now it will give you the option to restore or update your iPhone.
- choose to restore option and you can set up your device is normal.
if you are an iPhone user and facing the problem with iPhone restore. because lots of people getting the error while restoring iPhone and most of them sharing on the internet for my iPhone won’t restore so in this article we have submitted complete possible ways for restoring an iPhone. if you are also iPhone user and facing this problem then you can follow these steps one by one and you will be able to restore your iPhone without any issue. and if you’re facing any other problem related to iPhone then you can tell us in comment box we will give you the instant solution.
if you think any of your iPhone user friends need this article then you can save this article with your friends on your social media account like Twitter and Facebook.